The Chairman of the U.S. Senate Committee on Veterans' Affairs announced today that the committee will, on Thursday, hold a hearing concerning ten bills of importance to the nation's military veterans.
The hearing will begin at 10 a.m., Thursday, June 9, in room 418 of the Russell Senate Office Building.
CLICK HERE to View Printed Transcript
The Bills (Sponsors in parentheses) to be considered:
- S. 1182 (Chairman Craig), the "Veterans Health Care Improvements Act of 2005"
- S. 481, (Ranking Member Akaka),a bill to extend the period of eligibility for health care for combat service in the Persian Gulf War or future hostilities from two years to five years after discharge or release
- S. 716 (Ranking Member Akaka), the "Vet Center Enhancement Act of 2005"
- S. 1176 (Ranking Member Akaka), "Neighbor Islands Veterans Health Care Improvements Act of 2005"
- S. 1177 (Ranking Member Akaka), The "Veterans Mental Health Care Capacity Enhancement Act of 2005"
- S. 614 (Senator Specter), the "Veterans Prescription Drugs Assistance Act"
- S. 1180 (Senator Obama), the "Sheltering All Veterans Everywhere Act"
- S. 1189 (Senator Salazar), a bill to require the Secretary of Veterans Affairs to publish a strategic plan for long-term care, and for other purposes
- S. 1190 (Senator Salazar), the "Blinded Veterans Continuum of Care Act of 2005"
- S. 1191 (Senator Salazar), a bill to establish a grant program to provide innovative transportation options to veterans in remote rural areas.