Sen. Moran Confirmed as Ranking Member, Announces Priorities for the 117th Congress
WASHINGTON – Today, U.S. Senator Jerry Moran (R-Kan.) was confirmed by his Senate colleagues to be the ranking member of the Senate Veterans’ Affairs Committee (SVAC). After being sworn in, Sen. Moran announced a number of his priorities for the 117th Congress.
“The issues veterans are experiencing at home in Kansas and across the nation have always helped drive my policy decisions in Washington,” said Ranking Member Moran. “I look forward to working with my Republican and Democrat colleagues to continue serving our nation’s veterans and see to it that they can achieve success after service.”
SVAC Republican Oversight Priorities for the 117th Congress:
- Veterans Health: Providing veterans with the high-quality health care they need, where and when they need it.
- Toxic Exposures: Making certain veterans have a fair a uniform process for accessing benefits following exposure to dangerous chemicals where they were living and working while serving.
- Veterans Benefits: Giving veterans the right resources at the right time to achieve success after service, including education and training programs, meaningful employment, programs to assist when veterans are without work, home or income.
- Burial and Memorial Affairs: Fulfilling the sacred obligation to allow every American who served honorably the option to choose interment near their home in a veterans’ cemetery
- VA Business Modernization: Continuing oversight as VA undertakes multiple modernization programs to make certain veterans can access benefits in a 21st-century VA
Click here for a one-page summary.
Click here for an in-depth overview.
# # #